This postcard was found on Facebook posted by Douglas Deacon. The date isn’t given but it must be pre-WW1 as the Cameron Highlanders are parading in their scarlet doublets, tartan kilts and glengarry caps. The sergeants standing out in front are in dress uniform with black feather bonnets. The buildings were constructed in the 1880s, built in the baronial style. Four 2-storey blocks enclose three sides of a parade ground. The northwest and west blocks each have twin conical-roofed cylindrical towers linked by a balcony above the central round-arched entrance. There is a clock tower on the northeast block and in the corner is an entrance tower which forms the main gateway. The barracks have been the depot base for the Cameron Highlanders since 1886 up to the present day, as the 4th Battalion (The Highlanders), Royal Regiment of Scotland are still there.