This photo was taken at Tidworth on 24 June 1913 when the regiment was presented with a set of silver drums and new embroidered red drum banners. The donor was Colonel J A F H Stewart-MacKenzie who had commanded the regiment from 1890 to 1895, and in retirement had decided to make this generous gift, ‘as a memento of his affection for the 9th Lancers and the service he had seen with them.’ Colonel MacKenzie is in civilian clothes next to the drums. On the other side of the display is the CO Lieutenant-Colonel D G M Campbell. These drums and banners, together with a new shabraque and tack, completely transformed the regimental drum horse. Sadly they had to go into store the following year for the duration of World War One.